Driving sustainable growth.
Financial institutions today are working harder than ever to adjust to new regulations while restoring the health of the industry and driving sustainable growth. But many sector-wide issues – from heightened public scrutiny to evolving, dynamic market conditions – are making it much easier said than done to achieve organizational goals and accomplish new objectives.
Even during this period of significant change, there are still opportunities to strengthen performance, improve competitiveness – and fuel profitability.
The attorneys of Nexsen Pruet understand that. We know the financial services industry inside and out and are committed to helping banks, brokers, specialized lenders, and other financial services companies stay on a path to prosperity by delivering ethical, reliable, and responsive legal counsel.
We work with entities of all sizes – from international organizations to start-ups – and we handle virtually every matter impacting the industry, including:
- Single bank or syndicated middle market, corporate, commercial, asset-based, real estate, construction, mezzanine, agricultural, tax exempt, lease and other types of debt financing, both secured and unsecured.
- Capital projects that require public financing, private financing, or public-private partnerships.
- Bankruptcy and creditors’ rights, including workouts, foreclosures, bankruptcies, receiverships, and collection matters throughout the Carolinas and United States.
- Litigation, aggressively and quickly seeking favorable outcomes to the legal disputes of financial services clients in state and federal courts, before an administrative tribunal, or in arbitration.
- Mergers and acquisitions, structuring complex and multi-faceted business transactions, drafting and negotiating comprehensive documents and handling the regulatory and logistical steps required to achieve closings.
- Intellectual property, handling the full spectrum of matters – from licensing, negotiating, and drafting agreements to litigating, arbitrating, and mediating disputes related to patents, trademarks, and copyrights.
- Labor and employment, advising clients in all matters involved in the employee-employer relationship, such as benefits, trade secret protection and litigation, whistleblower investigations, executive contracts and compensation, and claims of discrimination, retaliation, and harassment.