Marketing & Business Development Intern - Columbia
Nexsen Pruet is seeking a current college student or recent graduate to support the firm's internal Business Development team. This position is paid and open immediately.
About the position:
The Marketing & BD Intern will support the Business Development team in a variety of business development and client related activities with a focus on email marketing, data cleansing and business development research. The intern will also work closely with team members to coordinate, manage and execute details for client related events for the firm which include but are not limited to on-site and off-site client-facing meetings, seminars, receptions and webinars. The Marketing & BD Intern will also work on a variety of research projects focusing on current and prospective clients.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Assisting the firm's Business Development Coordinator with email marketing campaigns, including but not limited to creating contact lists, creating drafts of email marketing announcements, invitations, newsletters, alerts, surveys and other client communications.
- Contact management system data cleansing and maintenance, including but not limited to:
- Add, remove and edit contact data and information for individual and company records to maintain accuracy
- Monitor and maintain distribution lists
- Merge duplicate contacts
- Research and input missing information such as email addresses, job titles and mailing addresses.
- Tracking email marketing-related statistics with a focus on bounces.
- Assisting with planning and coordinating firm client-facing events, meetings, receptions, lunch and learns, seminars and webinars.
- Organizing event details including but not limited to selecting venues, vendors and menus, as well as coordinating pre-event and on-site logistics.
- Working with BD team members to track budgets for events.
- Managing invitation lists, RSVP lists and post-event attendee lists.
Other Business Development Responsibilities:
- Maintaining and organizing firm-branded promotional items, researching new items and ordering event related logo items.
- Assistance with updating the firm’s website and intranet site.
This is not an exhaustive list. Other administrative tasks to be performed as needed.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required.
Excellent writing and editing skills are necessary. Follow through, attention to detail, creativity, flexibility, professional demeanor and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment required.
Send resumes to Kelehear Jones at KDJones@nexsenpruet.com.
No phone calls please.
Nexsen Pruet, LLC is one of the largest law firms in the Carolinas, with more than 190 attorneys and offices in Columbia, Charleston, Greenville, Hilton Head and Myrtle Beach, S.C. as well as Charlotte, Greensboro and Raleigh, N.C. Founded in 1945, Nexsen Pruet provides a broad range of legal services to the business community and represents companies and other entities in local, state, national, and international venues.