Employment Legal Practice Assistant - Charleston
Nexsen Pruet, LLC is seeking a full-time Legal Practice Assistant to work in the employment practice area in its Charleston office. This is an ideal position for a graduate considering law school, an experienced LPA looking for a change or motivated individual interested in working in a legal environment. Candidate must be able to multi-task, display initiative and produce an excellent work product.
Skills & Requirements:
• Ability to take initiative and anticipate needs
• Ability to prioritize workload and use judgment in decision making to meet deadlines.
• Ability to communicate and interact with lawyers and staff at all levels in a fast-paced environment.
Applicant must possess the following qualifications:
• Self-starter with great work ethic.
• Ability to respond quickly to changing demands and be self-motivated with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Superlative organizational and calendaring skills.
• Great client skills - (communicate effectively with a variety of clients).
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Excellent document management skills.
• CM/ECF-filing and state court filings experience preferred.
• Knowledge of court litigation rules and procedures preferred.
• Maintain appropriate level of technical knowledge and skills to perform a job to completion.
• Must be proficient using Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and Adobe, PowerPoint a plus.
Responsibilities (may be supplemented and changed as necessary):
• Docket and calendar management
• Preparing legal documents and correspondence
• Coordinating meetings
• Interacting with clients
• Time entry
• Running conflicts
• Opening and maintaining client files, including filing
• Processing client bills and expense reimbursements
• Travel logistics