Chief Financial Officer
Nexsen Pruet is seeking a Chief Financial Officer. This firm-wide position will be responsible for providing strategic financial input to management, keen oversight of overall accounting and financial analytic process. The CFO will also develop and implement financial procedures to improve and maintain the financial health of the Firm. Law firm experience required.
- Coordinate and execute all financial and tax-related activities.
- Assist with the proper financial management of the Firm and its related entities.
- Work with others to support the financial success of the Firm.
- Develop credibility for Firm finances by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the Chairman, the Board and management team in performing their responsibilities.
- Direct the preparation of all Firm related tax returns.
- Prepare Member distributions.
- Work with the Firm management and Members to develop, maintain, enhance, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the Firm by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the Firm.
- Collaborate with Managing Member of Professionals and Chief Administrative Officer on profitability metrics, enhanced reporting and other projects as needed.
- Establish credibility throughout the Firm and with the Board as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the Firm.
- Direct, oversee and manage the Accounting Department staff.
- Support the preparation of financial data and analysis needed for ongoing and annual compensation decisions.
- Apply advanced computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office and financial reporting software. Aderant experience a plus.
- Optimize bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Provide valuable financial perspective on Firm business contracts and lease agreements.
- Participate on appropriate committees, task forces and teams.
- Represent the Firm in professional organizations (locally and/or nationally) as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Financial Management
- Business Acumen
- Communication proficiency
- Ethical Conduct
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills
- Emotional Intelligence
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred
- Ten or more years’ experience in financial management as a Comptroller or CFO
- Certified Public Accountant with emphasis in accounting and tax-related duties.